Centre for Youth and Development (CYD) a local non-governmental organization is implementing ‘the improving ICT Skills in rural Malawi’ Project in the Northern Education Division with final support from the Scottish Government through the Turing Trust. The overall Goal of the Project is to improve access to the quality of education in Malawian Secondary Schools through ICT.
In pursuance of this objective CYD is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position of PROJECT COORDINATOR tenable at CYD’s head office in Mzuzu. The Project Coordinator will manage and oversee implementation of the project, technical oversight, fundraising, relationship and partnership building.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERINCE
- Experience of planning, managing/coordinating and monitoring projects is essential
- Experience of project management and fundraising strongly preferred;
- Experience working with rural schools and communities;
- Qualification in Computer Studies, Development Studies, Education or any relevant qualification is desirable
- A proven ability to work effectively in a fluid and fast paced work environment, managing multiple priorities under pressure and accomplishing short- and long- term deadlines with a heavy workload;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, networking and inter-cultural skills;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan implementation of Improving ICT skills in rural Malawi project interventions.
- Market the project to both Government and private schools and identify schools to participate in the project;
- Coordinate project logistics with clearing and shipping companies to ensure computers are delivered timely and safely;
- Coordinate setting up of computers in all participating schools and ensure proper maintenance when need arises;
- Facilitate partnership building and linkages for effective delivery of the project;
- Participate in joint advocacy initiatives and forums with other NGOs and agencies in the region in improving access to ICT in Malawi;
- Documenting best practices of the project for sharing key lessons and practices with stakeholders for replication of the project.
- Monitoring and evaluation for the project to track the social impact of the project;
- Participate in weekly skype calls to provide regular progress reports to Turing Trust
- Consolidate project reports for submission to partners and donors.
Applications from qualified candidates, including a CV and a cover letter that justifies the relevance of the candidate’s background and experience to the position should be sent to email@example.com or hand delivered at our offices in Mzuzu no later than Friday 23rd June, 2017. CYD is an equal opportunity employer, females are encouraged to apply
P.O Box 943, Mzuzu, Malawi.